Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with ofdm bandwidth and sampling rate

From: Wunsch, Felix (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with ofdm bandwidth and sampling rate
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 13:57:16 +0200

Hi Alphonso,

I implemented a transmitter for the DRM(30) standard in GNU Radio and published it on github (https://github.com/kit-cel/gr-drm).

To (partly) answer your questions:

1) DRM only accepts specific audio sample rates, make sure to read the standard documents carefully.
2) Mixing is usually done by the USRP. You as the user only deal with the complex baseband centered around DC. 12 kHz would also be a VERY low carrier frequency, short-wave radio usually uses frequencies between 3 and 30 MHz.

--Felix