Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about data types while creating blocks

From: dcardona
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about data types while creating blocks
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 10:05:14 -0700 (MST)

Hi Marcus

Thank you very much for your response.

What i want to do in general, is a chaotic channel coding scheme (based in
Lorenz system) that works in lte, and compare it with the channel coding
schemes using conventionally (convolutional coding and turbocoding). That's
why i wrote you last week (May 31) doing some questions about the connection
between a trellis encoder block (or pccc encoder block) with the ofdm mod
and ofdm demod blocks and then with the viterbi combo block (or pccc decoder
combo block).

So, returning to the chaotic coding... The method i'm using requires first a
learning process which consists in obtain 2^n sequences (in this case n= 3)
each corresponding to 2^n values of the variable z crossing with 2 Poincare
surfaces sections (also a vector) of the Lorenz system.
Hence, each coordinate of the vector (v) is really a sequence of symbols.
For example, z[1] corresponds to the v[1] sequence, z[2] with the v[2]
sequence, and so on.
I want to send this two vectors to a third block (explained below).

On the other hand, i have to create a second block that makes a differential
encoding; associating the bit 0 with a change of symbol in two consecutive
crossing with the Poincare surfaces of section (i.e., '23' or '32') and the
bit 1 with the repetition of the same symbol (i.e., '22' or '33').

The second blocks output will entry in a third block, i should convert it to
a string so i can compare it with the 2^n string sequences. This bock will
send the z values, which are double (that's why i was asking about the
output type float) that are needed to represent the sequences required
(based on the inputs from the second block).

So, I was trying to create the first block, which makes the learning
process.
If n = 3, i guess i could simply define 8 vectors of size 3 for the symbol
sequences and another vector of size 8 for the z values directly in the
third block, this because there will be the same all the time. This way, i
only have 2 blocks (the second and the third).
But in the case n = 8), i would have to define more vectors manually (256
vectors each of size 8)
and that is what i wanted to avoid. I want to probe with several values of n
so i can compare the behavior.
I have thought and i could do it till n = 6. it's no to much to write 64
vectors of size 6 manually.

If you see a easier way to do all this, i'm all ears.

I don't know if i explained myself but thank you very much anyway. Again i'm
sorry for my English.

David.