Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install GNURadio from Source

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install GNURadio from Source
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:36:40 -0400

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Richard Bell <address@hidden> wrote:
I reinstalled Thrift and Gnu Radio and captured the cmake output, pasted below:

-- Configuring gr-ctrlport support...
--   Dependency Boost_FOUND = 1
--   Dependency SWIG_FOUND = TRUE
--   Dependency SWIG_VERSION_CHECK = TRUE
--   Dependency ENABLE_GNURADIO_RUNTIME = ON
--   Enabling gr-ctrlport support.
--   Override with -DENABLE_GR_CTRLPORT=ON/OFF
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h
-- Looking for C++ include sys/resource.h - found
-- checking for module 'thrift'
--   found thrift, version 0.9.2
--
-- Python checking for Thrift
-- Python checking for Thrift - found
-- Found THRIFT: /usr/lib/libthrift.so
-- Found and enabling Thrift backend to ControlPort
-- Running thrift to build C++ bindings
-- Looking for C++ include windows.h
-- Looking for C++ include windows.h - not found
-- TRY_SHM_VMCIRCBUF set to ON.
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of size_t
-- Check size of size_t - done
-- Check size of unsigned int
-- Check size of unsigned int - done
-- Check size of unsigned long
-- Check size of unsigned long - done
-- Check size of unsigned long long
-- Check size of unsigned long long - done
-- Performing Test HAVE_WNO_UNUSED_BUT_SET_VARIABLE
-- Performing Test HAVE_WNO_UNUSED_BUT_SET_VARIABLE - Success

Looks good!

I have now gotten passed the previous mentioned error, which means progress. The newest issue is that I don't have networkx installed. I think this should be added to the dependencies list.

Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx
ControlPort Monitor running.
INFO: Apache Thrift: -h rbell -p 54906
monitor::endpoints() = -h rbell -p 54906
running: ['gr-perf-monitorx', 'rbell', '54906']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gr-perf-monitorx", line 24, in <module>
    import networkx as nx
ImportError: No module named networkx
ctrlport.monitor received shutdown signal
    calling stop on shutdown
    calling stop on shutdown

I installed python-networkx through ubuntu's package manager and am rebuilding gnuradio now.

Rich

Gah!

Rich, hopefully we can get you to a place where you don't have to keep rebuilding and installing GNU Radio.

There's no need to rebuild after installing a Python package. One of the nice things about that language. All you had to do was install python-networkx (and likely python-matplotlib if you haven't done that already) and rerun the program. Hell, the GNU Radio application could have still been running while you were doing that.

Tom