Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues using "Correlata and Sync" block, inside H

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues using "Correlata and Sync" block, inside Hier_block2
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 08:29:37 -0400

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Marius Cachelin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am writing here because I am experiencing an issue (for some weeks now), and I can't fixed it! I did some research about this problem, but I found nothing!

I want to develop a hierarchical block, (called "RX_PATH"). In this block, I want to use the "Correlate and Sync" block... And here is my problem! When I compile my module (using make), all work well. But, when I run my .grc model in GNURadio-Companion, it's like the "Correlate and Sync" block freeze.

Actually, no samples are outputted (neither in "out" port nor in "corr" port). I don't understand why, because when I use the "correlate and sync" block outside my hier_block, it work fine!

I think, this is a misunderstood of how to use these type of blocks, so if someone could explain to me where is my mistake, I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Marius

That definitely sounds like unexpected behavior, and I can't think of much to say right now about what might be going on.

However, we are deprecating that correlate_and_sync block in favor of the corr_est block. There are a number of improvements in corr_est, and something in the scheduling might work better for you because of that.

Tom