[Discuss-gnuradio] Is a unipolar signal bad as an input for a USRP recei

From: Jeon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is a unipolar signal bad as an input for a USRP receiver?
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 00:03:39 +0900

I am using LFTX and LFRX to transmit and receive data between two nodes.

I am modulating a bit stream with on-off keying (OOK) in which bit 1 is modulated into HIGH voltage and bit 0 is modulated into LOW voltage close to zero.

What I concern is, USRP can process bipolar signal, has a low noise amplifier (LNA) and an ADC at the receiving end. I've heard that LNA and ADC take a heavy stress if they process a unipolar, a DC biased signal.I want the statement to be clear. I have a particular condition that I can't make a transmitted signal a bipolar NRZ signal instead of OOK...

PS. I make a thread in discuss-gnuradio since I've got no reply on USRP-users several days or weeks ago (I don't remember exactly...).

Regards,
Jeon.