Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX 10.10

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX 10.10
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 12:43:10 -0400

Hi Ed - Sorry to hear of your troubles migrating / upgrading MacPorts.
Yes, it can be a real pain. If you stick with default variants, then
most of the ports will be downloaded as pre-compiled binary. If you just
use MacPorts for GNU Radio related ports, then the easier way is to:

1) wipe all MP stuff ("sudo port -f uninstall installed");
2) "sudo port reclaim" and answer yes, to remove binary / tarball cruft;
3) "sudo port selfupdate"
4) install the ports you want (without dependencies; those will be taken
care of now, hopefully correctly).

The header 'iosfwd' provides the I/O stream Forward Declarations, so it
should be available in any C++ header install (whether clang or gcc, old
or new, Apple or MacPorts). Maybe your install is trying to mix C++
runtime libraries and headers? That would not be good.

You might want to check your MacPorts conf file to make sure it's still
appropriate for your new OS.

I -highly- recommend not using +universal unless you have to, by default
or otherwise; most ports work with it but some critical ones don't yet
(e.g., NumPy, SciPy).

Hope this helps! - MLD