Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte chanel estimation

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte chanel estimation
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 14:24:12 +0200

Hey Doug,

> First one should be pretty easy for you: a couple of the blocks ask
> for input "rxant", and the pre-decoder asks for both rxant and
> N_ant. I scanned the source and looks like "1" will be an okay
> value for both, but just out of curiosity, what is actual different
> between rxant and N_ant? I'm assuming one is the total number of
> antennas being used, and one is the actual antenna being fed to
> that block, but it's a little unclear by the name of the variables
> which is which.
Name choice was probably suboptimal here. 'rxant' represents the
number of actually used antennas. It was added after multi antenna
support was added. 'N_ant' represents the system configuration. Say,
the system is supposed to work with 2x2 MIMO, then N_ant=2.

> Second issue is this: in your example flowgraph [1], you show QPSK
> soft demod taking a vector of 240 complex, and that block produces
> an output vector 2x the input vector length, so 480 floats [2].
The blocks are already configured correctly. PBCH descrambler is a
hier block. First thing it does is repeat every vector of size 480
four times and then process a vector of size 1920.
It is very specific to the LTE PBCH. PBCH is spread over 4 frames but
should be decodable with just one frame. In order to do correct
descrambling, this repetition and descrambling scheme must be applied.
Afterwards you can detect the 2 LSB of a frame number by the position
the correctly decoded PBCH frame had.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Johannes