Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC seg fault

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC seg fault
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:19:53 +0200

try calling gnuradio-companion with a single filename; that one doesn't even have to exist, iirc:

gnuradio-companion ""

Best regards,
Marcus

On 17.07.2015 15:08, Jason Matusiak wrote:
GRC attempts to read the doc string of each block during load. If the
import of a block seg faults, so does GRC. If all you changed is install
gr-cdma, that's probably the reason for GRC failing. Looks like your
installation of gr-cdma is broken.
OK, makes sense.  I didn't have a problem until I had been trying to
build on particular *.grc in the gr-cdma project.

FYI, moving the doc string extraction this into a separate process
shifts this problem to runtime (when you execute a flowgraph with
erroneous blocks). I hope have this merged soon.
Sebastian
OK, sound like that could be very useful, thank you.  In the meantime,
is there a way to open gnuradio without it reopening all the previously
opened scripts (I am wondering if that is my problem)?  Maybe something
like a safemode?