Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] First Post - Question - GRC Repeat Block

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] First Post - Question - GRC Repeat Block
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:54:59 +0200

Hi Kevin,

this is everything but a dumb newbie question! In fact, it explains quite well what you want to do, you illustrate with a screenshot of the relevant things, and you describe what happens instead. That makes this a well-researched, well-presented and thought through question.

So the point is that the GRC repeat block is but a graphical alias for the gr::blocks::repeat block[1]. As the docs show, that doesn't allow dynamic setting of the interpolation.

So, this email thread could now address different things:

(0. You kind of reported a bug. Or at least a feature request. If you want to do this the right way, open a issue on gnuradio.org's issue tracker.)
1. Do you really need repeat functionality, or are you in fact trying to adjustably interpolate a band-limited signal, in which case interpolation with a filter might be the right thing to do? There's a block that just wraps that nicely (fractional interpolator).
2. Do you want us to help you add that functionality to the repeat block? I had a look, it's not that hard, and it could get you on the contributor's list by helping an awesome free software project :) ; I haven't added that functionality yet, so there might be some surprises while doing this, but it should work.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1blocks_1_1repeat.html