Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About physcially acceptable, applicable signal in

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About physcially acceptable, applicable signal input range for GNU Radio.
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:57:05 -0400

On 07/31/2015 11:29 AM, Jeon wrote:
Dear all of you helping me, Marcus, Tom and Marcus

Thanks for all of your answers.

I've successfully receive frames and decode it.
There are some physical and practical issues and glitches that I haven't thought about when writing source codes. But it's not what should be handled in this thread.

I will let you know when I finish implementing GNU Radio OOT module and analog circuit front end, if there are someone interested in. :)

One small question is, is there no way to guess a value of voltage, given that ADC sampled value? I think it's quite impossible to guess both values of DC component and AC component. It's because time sink figure in the original post,there's no DC component, but I fed a DC biased signal into the LFRX.
At least for AC component, however, I think it is possible to guess...
If we know ADC resolution, impedance (of course 50 ohms) and so...

It's just curiosity. I'm not going to use such things right now.
So if it is hard to tell in short time, YES or NO is sufficient. or you can just ignore this question.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jeon.
You either calibrate, or you have a very precise model of effective gains and losses throughout the entire signal-processing chain from antenna to flow-graph, for every possible hardware combination, including variable parameters like frequency, gain settings, bandwidth, etc.