Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core missing / UCLA Zigbee PHY in gnurad

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core missing / UCLA Zigbee PHY in gnuradio version 3.6.5.1
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 14:28:03 +0200

Jaeho,

ieee802_15_4_oqpsk_phy *contains* the whole modulator/packetizer.
With all the comments in the GRC, I think it's pretty clear which parts
do what. You will simply need to integrate that same structure instead
of the old  _mod_pkt block; you can either do that by simply using the
hier block that is contained in

ieee802_15_4_oqpsk_phy.py

or you can simply just use the same blocks as the GRC in your applications.
So: ieee802_15_4_oqpsk_phy is simply a block. Use it. It's not hard. If
you have continued problems with using hier blocks, I recommend going
through the guided tutorials 2 & 3:
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials

It has two inputs, rx_in and tx_in, and two outputs, rx_out and tx_out,
as you can see from the GRC. Connecting the USRP sink to the tx_out and
whatever gives you the data you want to transmit to tx_in should do the
trick.

> or if you have more helpful manual or source code, can you send me those to
> my email address?
Um, I don't know how to put this, so I'll be blunt:
The source code and architecture of gr-ieee802-15-4 are pretty clear,
and the GRC files we're looking at here are especially well-commented;
I'm afraid you will need to just try and use it a little more, and the
problems you're having understanding how to use ieee802_15_4_oqpsk_phy
might really point to you needing a little more experience working with
hierarchical blocks, which is an aspect very central for GNU Radio
development.

I'm very optimistic you will manage to build something amazing! Have a
look at transceiver_OQPSK.grc, it uses ieee802_15_4_oqpsk_phy.

Best regards,
Marcus