[Discuss-gnuradio] how to choose tune_delay?

From: Francois Quitin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to choose tune_delay?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:11:53 +0800

Hi all,

I want to retune the frequency of my USRP in Python during runtime. I understand from usrp_spectrum_sense.py that I can just retune the USRP during runtime, and that I need to allow for some tune_delay to make sure that the samples corresponding to the old center frequency are discarded.

Is there any way to get a good estimate of tune_delay value? I want to keep this as short as possible… (btw I’m using a USRP-N210 with WBX daughterboard) Some trial and error gave me values around 50ms, but this seems rather high compared to what I’ve read online.

Any hints are welcome!

Thanks,

Francois