[Discuss-gnuradio] FFT plot unit

From: Gerome Jan L
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT plot unit
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 21:27:11 +0800

I was able to gather results, and I am really confused with it. I generated a -30 dB signal based on the fft plot shown and transmitted it using a usrp. My spectrum analyzer received a signal at -50 dBm (-80 dB) and my receiver which also uses a usrp received the signal and plotted it at -30 dB. My question is, what is the unit of the fft plot? Is it dB or dBm?

--

Best,

Gerome Jan M. Llames
Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) Scholar
University of San Carlos - Technological Campus
Nasipit Talamban, Cebu City, Philippines, 6000
Mobile: +639271525124

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."  - Steve Jobs