Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name GNURadio when launching perf-m

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name GNURadio when launching perf-monitorx and ctrlport-monitor
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 11:05:04 -0400

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Volker Schroer <address@hidden> wrote:
The same error happens in the 3.7.8 release candidate.

-- Volker

I am trying to measure performance of my OOT module with performance counter and control port.

When I execute a command line `gr-perf-monitorx` or `gr-ctrlport-monitor`, an error below occurred:

        File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/ctrlport/GrDataPlotter.py", line 26, in <module>
            from gnuradio.ctrlport import GNURadio
    ImportError: cannot import name GNURadio

Could anyone give me a hint for this?

For detail information, I've installed GNU Radio with `build-gnuradio` script. The last commit of cloned git repository in my PC is `d5cea6e4(https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/repository/revisions/d5cea6e44e29db6b62fabe2b1e5ec16e91b41e68)` in Jun 22 2015. I can't remember exactly, but I think this commit was used to install the GNU Radio.

Regards,
Jeon.

This sounds as if Thrift wasn't found when running cmake. Our cmake scripts use thrift to compile our gnuradio.thrift file into C++ and Python code that is installed with GNU Radio.

The output of cmake will tell you if it found Thrift or not. Look under the list of enabled components for:

--   * gr-ctrlport
--   * * thrift

Tom