Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with streamed tags

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with streamed tags
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:54:47 -0700

On 05.08.2015 01:42, Mat Mat wrote:
> My question is this: I don't get this item enumeration thing in
> gnuradio. between the first 2 blocks it was easy enough, as I had to
> simply include tags in every 28th byte, and it is easy to picture item
> enumeration there (the first byte of the file has offset 0, the second
> one 1 etc). but how are the items enumerated between the PACKET_CREATOR
> and the PACKET_VERIFIER block?? which item index should I use to add the
> length tag to the first header byte??

Item 0 will have the first byte of the first packet, regardless of what
you're actually doing. There's a couple of blocks that do something like
this, and they all set the tag propagation policy to 'NONE' (which
requires manual propagation), and then get/set tags accordingly.

So, if you read the tag from input item 0, and then write one to output
item 0, I believe it'll do what you wanted.