Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio woes

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio woes
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 17:26:30 -0400

On 08/08/2015 05:20 PM, Marcus Müller wrote:
Hi Marcus,

I do agree on the "Linux audio is fragmented, and neither PA nor ALSA are consistent in documentation and configuration, and that's seriously irritating" aspect.

So, first of all, I always try to circumvent Pulse. Try sysdefault as audio device name (that's the physical device that pulse uses, on FC21/22; I think it was on FC20, already). `aplay -L` might tell you things I can't ;)
Yeah, tried sysdefault, tried playing with what aplay -L told me.  All the same.  Massive Ua underruns and sound that isn't even close to resembling what
  I'm trying to do.

It's frustrating because both system sounds and Firefox sound are working perfectly fine.

Other than that: might be systematic[1]. Did I mention I really like[2] how Ubuntu doesn't try to bring people to discuss problems with the upstream developers?

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1051665
[2] very much, it makes my head hurt, how much I like Ubuntu.