Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Executing the flow graph: window closes immediatl

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Executing the flow graph: window closes immediatly
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:01:08 +0200

Hi Nick,

I'd personally say that the GNU Radio packages in Ubuntu should be pretty up to date (thanks, Maitland!), but the UHD in Ubuntu is extremely old, so if you want to use USRPs, you can't use Ubuntu's GNU Radio.
Since building isn't that hard nowadays, and you had bad experiences with the Ubuntu package, I'd just try using pybombs [1]:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/pybombs/pybombs.git && cd pybombs && ./pybombs install gnuradio
You should be able to answer all questions with the default (just <enter> your way through the dialog), then after everything is complete:
./pybombs env
and add the generated file to your bashrc:

echo "source <path that was used as prefix>/setup_env.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

Open up a new terminal and run gnuradio-companion.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://pybombs.info