Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] flags / xml to supress Add throttle warning ?

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] flags / xml to supress Add throttle warning ?
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:17:14 -0700

Thanks.   <flags>throttle</flags> it will be ...  (works fine).

-- Tom, N5EG

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08/24/2015 11:26 PM, Tom McDermott wrote:
I've built an OOT for some physical SDR hardware.
However, when compiling a flowgraph in gnruradio-companion
it prints a warning message about no audio or rf sink, so please
insert a throttle.

Since my module actually paces the samples in hardware, I don't
want a throttle.  How can I supress the warning message?

Looking through some GRC blocks, I've found two tags:

<throttle>1</throttle>

and another is

<flags>throttle</flags>

Reading the documentation that discusses XML tags in the block,
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Creating-the-XML-Block-Definition
it doesn't mention these tags, or what they do. Is one of these the
correct way to suppress the flowgraph compile warning?

-- Tom, N5EG

I think the newer way is to use <flags>throttle</flags>

But for backwards compat, you can use <throttle>1</throttle>

It's an indicator to GRC that this block provides a flow-regulated data stream.