Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle block form wav files

From: Jeon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle block form wav files
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 23:55:31 +0900

Dear Murray Thomson,

Which value did you set as a throttle.
Typically 48 kHz or something... But I asked this just in case.

Or this thread might help ( https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-08/msg00517.html )

Regards,
Jeon.

Hi,

I'm using a flow graph with no GUI to demodulate a signal. I have a selector block that allows me to select the source of the signal between the audio card and a wav file. I can change the source using an xmlrpc server/client.

If I don't use a throttle block with the wav file, the flow graph takes all the CPU and the server/client is very slow.
If I put a throttle, I get audio underruns when using the audio card. Same problem for a constant source.

Can anyone please recommend a better way to do this?

Cheers,
Murray