[Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake

From: Robert Durkacz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] building with cmake
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:38:44 +1000

I am interested in the gnuradio build system.

I last looked at gnuradio several years ago. Since then you have
adopted cmake in place of autotools.
cmake produces its own style of make files which even invoke cmake
again. When I built gnuradio I got one build error. It was difficult
to track down the cause because the output of the build process does
not print the command lines. Obviously it is helpful to know the
command line that failed.
My question is, is there some recommended way to get the command lines
printed out as they are executed.
Also there is something called pybombs. Is this an alternative to
cmake? If so is the gnuradio build system in a state of flux?
Can anyone point me to some document or forum where the whys and
wherefores of the build system are discussed?