[Discuss-gnuradio] Possibly ways to help contribute

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possibly ways to help contribute
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:59:24 -0400

Hello GNU Radio dev community! I wanted to pass on some information for you that might be a good way for you to help contribute to our project. Thanks to Pete Mathys during out GRCon15 Hackfest, we now have a list of blocks with minimal or no documentation. I've put together a Google spreadsheet that lists all of the blocks in question. For anyone looking to help us fix the documentation, this would be a good place to start.

One of the issues is that many of these blocks are Python-based as hierarchical blocks. Some have full documentation that is not properly getting exported into GRC. So it might not be a case of documentation but helping identify how to get that information out there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tb4nRjz8ruhzq-TlpkKFsByWI92fsON2cqR5HOolIwE/edit?usp=sharing

Another area to contribute is to help us identify areas where we can better apply VOLK. Another spreadsheet that I've created lists all of the public classes in GNU Radio. We wish to identify which classes/blocks could be redone using VOLK. And if so, what VOLK kernels should we use as well as an indicator for if the use of VOLK is done in that block. This can hopefully serve as a checklist for the project in general and a good way for people to contribute and help get our code moving faster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zKBi3xmihD2Tv7ME0qsKOzC6QjV5FtzIk6mqpHbNlCI/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Tom