Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs installation fails

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs installation fails
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:52:16 -0400

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Chris Kuethe <address@hidden> wrote:
capture the output from "./pybombs install -v -v -v gnuradio", and
stick it on pastebin so we can have a look at it.

It looks like pybombs is trying to recompile make and gcc and goodness
knows what else... I'm curious about why it decided to do that.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mike Gilmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Following the instriuctions on
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart
>
> I tried to run the installation:  ./pybombs install gnuradio
>
> It appears to start up OK, but after "Loading recipes" it displays
> "Installing packages" and gets through several dozen of them until it
> displays * gnuradio.
>
> At that point an Exception error is displayed:
>
> "Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded' in <bound
> method Popen.__del__ of <subprocess.Popen object at 0x6ffff88edd0>>
> ignored"
>
> and the installation fails.(many "failed to install gcc" errors are
> outputted, followed by "failed to install make")
>
> Can anyone help me through this step?
>
> Thanks.
> Mike

Also, what OS are you running? That might be important.

Tom