Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs path issue with OOT modules

From: Jawad Seddar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs path issue with OOT modules
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:38:00 +0200

Hey Jason,

When you create a new OOT module for a pybombs install, you don't need to create the folder in the pybombs/src directory.
Then when you do your cmake in the OOT module, you need to pass along the path to your target using the flag -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/target .

And if your target is in your personal directory (/home/jason/target here) you don't even need to run this as root.

So basically go back to your OOT module, delete your build directory (just to be safe) then start over like this:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jason/target ..
make
make install

Hope this helps,
Jawad

Got a little conundrum here.... I have pybombs setup and working fine
for my RFNoC development.  I then decided that I wanted to make a new
OOT module, so I did gr_modtool newmod myOOTmodule in ~/pybombs/src.
Made my tweaks to the XML file inside GRC and tried to mkdir build && cd
build && make && sudo make install.

The problem is that it is installing the files to the normal GRC
directory of /usr/local/share....

If I got into the gr-ettus/build directory and do a sudo make install in
there, I see that it is getting installed into the correct directory of
/home/jason/target/share.

So what am I missing here?  I am sourcing ~/target/setup_env.sh in my
terminal