Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Convert raw I/Q to dB

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Convert raw I/Q to dB
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:47:08 +0200

Hi Mathias,

you'll need a multiply_const somewhere in there -- the USRPs are by no means calibrated, so, by itself, a specific digital amplitude doesn't mean you have a specific voltage at the input of your daughterboard.
What you'll need to do is find an adjustable source of known power, configurable to transmit at the frequencies you want to calibrate, and then a few measurement points to find the relationship between digital number and analog voltage/power.

Best regards,
Marcus