Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoc and data rates

From: Simon Olvhammar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoc and data rates
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:49:43 +0200

Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
Yes we do alot of averaging to expose the signal, in some applications we even average over several months.

Could you elaborate on the internal precision that you mentioned?
We are looking for a simple block that could do sum(FFT:s)/(Number of FFT:s) element-wise and output this as as stream. For example a input of 1000 FFT:s with 4096 channels will result in a output of 1 averaged FFT with 4096 channels. I dont think we would need a iir filter for this?

Regarding stream decimation block, if it makes one item out of n items then what kind of processing is performed on those items? A simple average sum(items)/numItems or something else? Maybe it's this block that i'm looking for.

Best regards
Simon