Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication

From: julian . arnold
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about burst communication
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 23:12:04 +0200

Hi Logan,

The problem is that the USRP does not know where your burst of data starts and how long it is and therefore it will respond with Us as soon as no new data is coming in. In order to tell the USRP how long a packet of data is the USRP sink in GNURadio offers the 'length tag name' property. If you set this to something not empty the USRP sink will work like a tagged stream block and can therefore handle tagged streams properly.

However, you are reporting to see Os and not Us. That is a little strange. Normally it indicates that your PC is not able to keep up with the processing of the incoming data. This should be more or less independent on weather or not you are transmitting bursty data.
Are you not seeing any Us and only Os?

Cheers,
Julian