Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoc and data rates

From: Simon Olvhammar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFNoc and data rates
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:53:27 +0200

Hi,
Looks like very interesting techniques. The current Gnuradio application has been up for about two weeks and it works very well and spectrums (frequency-switched) are what's expected. To account for delay, besides looking at transition signal, I also wait 0.001 seconds before i collect FFT:s when a S/R signal is introduced to the GPIO/RX. However, as you said, I might have to increase this wait time if I introduce the IIR block instead of python averaging.
Would you perhaps have a method to check the delay so can get some sort of mean value and add to this so I know that I'm always on the safe side? Or maybe guide me in the right direction so I can "get a feeling" for delays in gnuradio?  The "oblivious synchronous detection" might be a solution (not sure it would work with frequency-switching however?) but I would like to try getting the current setup optimized first.

Yes, CPU loads and data rates are big and we'd like to use the full 160 Mhz of the UBX card, why I'm looking at RFNoC. I expect that delay times will become alot smaller as well with RFNoC?