Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] One more question about GNU Radio cross compilati

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] One more question about GNU Radio cross compilation
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:07:45 -0400

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:55 AM, West, Nathan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Douglas Geiger <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Paul TT <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to build GNU Radio using a toolchain from Mentor Graphics (arm-none-linux-gnueabi-).
Some gnuradio dependecies i have builded manually from source using this toolchain.

<snip>

export CC="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mthumb -march=armv6t2 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon"
export CXX="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ -mthumb -march=armv6t2 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon"
export CPP="arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -E -mthumb -march=armv6t2 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon"
<snip>

Regards,
Paul

Paul,
 You appear to be targeting an processor that uses the armv6 ISA. I believe VOLK only supports armv7 at this point (although I'm uncertain if that's explicitly stated anywhere

 Doug

I don't think it's possible for -march=armv6* AND to have -mfpu=neon. Check that your flags are sane for your hardware.

-nw

Ah, nevermind. That's not quite true. It is true that our asm is probably not compatible with armv6 NEON. This is all unfortunately somewhat fragile, and this case (armv6 + NEON) lost. So for now the solution is *probably* to just disable the asm stuff. As Doug mentioned lib/CMakeLists.txt is the source of the problem. You can either comment out that whole section that includes ASM files or just get rid of the globbing line.

If you can think of a way to make this work for you and not require people doing native builds to manually feed in CFLAGS and ASMFLAGS (they apparently don't like doing such things, and there's a lot of them) then I'll accept a patch.