[Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestions for C++ Coding of a new PRNG

From: Jason Noble
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestions for C++ Coding of a new PRNG
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:53:52 +0900

So I'm working on an FHSS implementation. I'm using a XORSHIFT PRNG. I wanted to make a GRC block so I can configure certain parameters for the PRNG (seed numbers, total number of hops to generate, etc.). The only output is an array (or vector output?) storing a hop sequence of, for example, 10,000 integers (channels). This sequence is generated once, when the program is initialized.

It should then be accessed every time the frequency-hopping block (on the Tx side) or the synchronizer (on the Rx side) needs the current/next channel in the sequence.

So, since this block won't be handling streams of samples or even passing messages/PMTs, what block type should I use? Just the generic "block"?

I'm not a coder by trade, so figuring out what to put in each of the 3 files (public header, implementation header, implementation source), input/output forecasts, etc. has been a headache.

-Jason