[Discuss-gnuradio] Has anyone implemented your own module into real hard

From: Jeon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Has anyone implemented your own module into real hardware?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 02:34:34 +0900

I am sorry for posting some irrelevant question to GR, USRP nor programming.
Just curious.

No matter which applications, technologies, standards,
(Ham, GPS, cellular, Wi-Fi, customed RF Tx/Rx, etc.)
has anyone implemented your own module into real hardware?
That is, transforming GNU radio flow graph into chips and circuits?

As far as GNU Radio is concerned, we don't need to focus much on circuit things.
We only need to focus on digital signal processing and logic/algorithm design based on C++ and Python.
(Of course, some fundamental analog RF knowledge is required)

However, when hardware implementation is concerned, we would get new challenges,
PCB design, looking for DSP chips (from TI, etc.).
Even worse, you have to design your chips, in some cases.
(But I think it may never happen since lots of chips have various purposes and functionalities already)

It can be easier if you co-work with others with different fields of knowledge (+ some basic and common backgrounds).
But if you are a one(or a few)-man team, getting a deep and wide knowledge would be a great obstacle.

Thus, I'd like to hear your experiences, difficulties, challenges and advices who have turned your GR module into a real machine.

Regards,
Jeon.