[Discuss-gnuradio] Data loss in transmission over the air

From: Israel .
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data loss in transmission over the air
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 19:24:55 +0100

Hi,

I’m working on my degree final project and I would like to implement a wireless communications system between two USRPs (N200). One of the main goals is to be able to transmit a file (image, doc, video, …) and to receive it correctly (or, at least, to receive the complete file). My question is if I can do this with GNU Radio. I have tried it for a long time (with File Source, File Sink blocks) and I always lose data in the process. I’ve read quite solutions in the mailing list about other people who had the same problem, but none have worked for me.

I attached a picture of my flowgraph. It is made in a virtualization environment, however, when I work in the real environment (using the USPRs), I keep losing data.

On the other hand, if there is another way to transmit and to receive a file (for example, without using File Source and File Sink), I would also like to know.

I really appreciate any help