Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] SIMD accelerated Mersenne-Twister

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] SIMD accelerated Mersenne-Twister
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:40:09 -0800

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

Since you're not the copyright holder of the original code, you have no
way of transferring said copyright to the FSF.

I'm not sure what the correct way to do this is. An out-of-tree approach
will definitely work, since the licenses are compatible according to
lists provided by e.g. the FSF.
If the authors would agree to a copyright transfer of this copy of the
code, that'll also work but it's annoying to get that.

​While all the above is true, we do occasionally make exceptions for including non-FSF owned code inside GNU Radio, as long a the licenses are compatible.  We try to avoid this as much as possible and have actually been removing such code a little at a time as it becomes possible.​

In this case, I don't think we'd want to include it, but I wanted to clarify the above.​

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services