[Discuss-gnuradio] PDU Message Structure

From: devin kelly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PDU Message Structure
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 10:45:11 -0500

Hello,

I have a block that emits pmt::dict messages.  I'd like to connect it to a PDU to Tagged Stream block.

My problem is that a dict isn't a pair and I run into this error:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-blocks/lib/pdu_to_tagged_stream_impl.cc#L63

If I place the dict in a pair, I won't get that error but I do get another error telling me my data needs to be a uniform vector.

The dict has multiple data types in it so I'm not sure what the best way to proceed is.  What's a good way to (a good way to GR I mean) structure my messages?  Make them pairs where the first part is metadata and the second is a uniform vector?

Thanks,
Devin