Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating QT GUI out-of-tree blocks in Python

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating QT GUI out-of-tree blocks in Python
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 23:00:55 +0100

Hi Patrick,
ah sorry, I misunderstood you.
So yes, I think this is possible, and you would be very welcome to write useful Qt visualizations!
To point you to a few existing ones:
Tim's PyQt blocks are very useful!
http://oshearesearch.com/tag/gr-pyqt/ , get the source code at https://github.com/osh/gr-pyqt, or install via pybombs.

By the way, I'm highly interested in how you combine your GUIs with GNU Radio flow graphs! It's generally agreed that pure signal-processing applications are fun and all, but good recipes on how to integrate GNU Radio (which is technically but a library) in applications are a bit rare.

Cheers,
Marcus