Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVBT project receiver problem [demultiplex the tr

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVBT project receiver problem [demultiplex the transport stream]
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:07:58 +0100

Hi Ihab,

the point is that the multiplex you're probably considering now is the MPEG transport stream multiplex. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

De-multiplexing MPEG is really something that should be handled by an existing MPEG decoder; so yes, VLC, mplayer, ffmpeg itself would be the right tools.

What I'd recommend is just using
1. "mkfifo input_fifo output_fifo0 output_fifo1 output_fifo2 …" to generate to Unix FIFOs to get data out and back into GNU Radio,
2. Using normal file_sink and _source with aforementioned FIFOs
3. calling "ffmpeg -i input_fifo -c copy -map 0:0 output_fifo0  -map 0:1 output_fifo1 …" to copy the first stream to fifo0, the second to fifo1 etc.

Note that I haven't tested this myself.

Best regards,
Marcus