Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Please Help whit GPSDO (OCXO)

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] Please Help whit GPSDO (OCXO)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 15:03:18 -0800

Hello Yamith,

Marcus has pointed you towards a software defined GPS receiver if you want to work with the GPS radio signals as part of your project. If you only wish to know your location you can read the GPS position using the sensor API in UHD. This manual page covers reading the X310's GPS position. The gps_gpgga sensor will give a standard NMEA string with the device's position after the GPS has locked.
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_gpsdo_x3x0.html

There is a C++ example included with UHD.
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/master/host/utils/query_gpsdo_sensors.cpp

Regards,
Derek