[Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph branching statements and transceiver

From: Washbourne, Logan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph branching statements and transceiver
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:47:28 -0600

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out a way to allow for user input to dictate what happens in my flowgraphs. Ideally I want to build a transceiver that will constantly read in data until the user tries to send out a message. Once the message has been sent then it goes back to reading data.

I have the TX and RX side of this working already, but its only a one way system, the TX can only talk to the RX. I'd like to have it so they can both talk and listen to each other.

I know in the Chat_app example user input is accepted and then sent out, but it is embedded into an OOT block. Is there anyway to implement user input and branching statements within the top_block or something like that?

I really appreciate your help,

Logan Washbourne
Electrical Engineering Graduate Student
(Electromagnetics)