[Discuss-gnuradio] Can wrong connection of spyverter damage it ?

From: Patrick Sathyanathan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can wrong connection of spyverter damage it ?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:18:57 -0800

Hi,

I recently purchased the airspy/spyverter combo. The spyverter did not have any markings indicating antenna input and output. Assuming that the lettering on the top of the two devices lined up I initially wrongly connected the antenna input of spyverter to the input of the airspy and ran sdrsharp with the bias supply enabled. Eventually after much web surfing I was able to find a picture indicating the correct connection and I followed that.

Does anybody know  if the bias supply from the airspy could have damaged the spyverter ? Also any pointers to a forum that might have the answer would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help,

--Patrick