Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tag preemption USRP sink

From: Saulo Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tag preemption USRP sink
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:21:42 +0000

thanks for the explanation ;)

On 17 December 2015 at 15:10, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
ha! "O"s in your output mean that the USRP source had to drop samples, because your computer was slower at processing them than the USRP was at producing them, filling up the buffers, until they were full to the brim and nothing more would fit.
Of course, reducing the CPU load in this scenario, e.g. by usage of more CPU-efficient filters, will reduce the number of dropped samples, and hence, will reduce the FER!