Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T Reception Problem

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T Reception Problem
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:50:19 +0100

A Series of D is usually even worse than O.
Does that happen, too, if you just record samples for later processing?
If it happens when recording, too, what about just connecting the USRP
source to a null sink?
Also: what is your network hardware (if you're on Linux, ask "lscie|grep
-i net")?

>dual core with 4gb of ram
hard to say. OFDM decoding and all the synchronization aren't trivial,
and "dual core" doesn't really say much. My 2007 dual core backup PC
sure won't be up to the job, whereas two cores of my current PC might be
sufficient. What's more important is that it's nearly impossible to
predict how well the flow graph will behave on your specific CPU/network
hardware/OS/network driver/... combination.
Personally, for software development, 4GB RAM sounds like a minimum, and
I'd have to look really hard to find a CPU that's not dual core nowadays.

Best regards,
Marcus