[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio 3.7.9: Issue with OSX Port of gnuradio-compa

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio 3.7.9: Issue with OSX Port of gnuradio-companion
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 13:49:33 -0800

Hi All:

I searched the mailing list archives for this issue with negative results.

Issue: an unchanged known-good flowgraph that worked in 3.7.8.1 now fails in the "Generation" stage in 3.7.9 on OSX with the error "No closing quotation".

The relevant screen from OSX:

I opened the same flowgraph in my Ubuntu 14.04 machine, still running gnuradio 3.7.8.1, and the flowgraph generates and runs fine.

I use MacPorts on the OSX laptop - it runs "El Capitan" and MacPorts is up to date.  Other relevant factors:

Clang version 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.72)
Boost_105900
UHD_003.009.001-MacPorts-Release

I can provide the .grc if that is necessary.

I will be poking around trying to diagnose the problem, but in the meantime here is the obligatory bug report!

Thanks,

Kevin