Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VFO tuning knobs

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VFO tuning knobs
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:25:05 -0500

On 12/28/2015 10:33 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
I realize that SDR provides more than one way to view the spectrum and
tune to a frequency, but I can imagine some people feeling comfortable
with a tuning knob similar to a traditional radio.  There doesn't appear
to be any technical reason why a VFO knob could not be part of an SDR
application.

A quick Google search for USB VFO tuning knobs found these links:

http://df3cb.com/ft2000rc/documentation/interfaces/flexcontrol.php

http://www.eham.net/articles/21941

Has anybody tried anything like this with GNU Radio?

Regards,

Daniel

Early versions of Gnu Radio had support for one of these USB-rotary-control things.

Various ways one could support these. Write a message-source block that can then send messages to appropriate downstream blocks, etc.