Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help decoding Bell 202

From: Tim K
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help decoding Bell 202
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 17:08:59 -0500

En,

Ah! Sitting and playing with it greatly helped my understanding of the problem.

1. Your capture seems to have some distortion on it. Fortunately, this doesn't affect FM too bad, but you may want to crank your gain back.
2. Remember, Bell 202 uses 1200 Hz and 2200 Hz. You probably don't want 1200 Hz as the corner for your LPF. FSK Demod already has one as well, I just removed it.
3. I listened to the transmissions, and looked at the data. It does sound like Bell 202, and appears to have HDLC frames... but it doesn't sound like APRS. May I ask where you got this?

What I got after removing the LPF: http://i.imgur.com/Z3EbIgU.png

- Tim