Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] coverage of common ham bands

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] coverage of common ham bands
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 15:34:24 +0100

Trying not to sound to much like marketing, but:

Any of the modular USRPs (USRP2, N2x0, X3x0) that take daughterboards
could be equipped with a WBX daughterboard (LO frequency 50-2200MHz,
with 40MHz analog bandwidth, so with the USRP's digital tuning
>30-<2220MHz), or the UBX daughterboard (10MHz-6000MHz, so with digital
tuning DC upwards). Or, you could just use a LFRX (which is but a unity
gain dual Opamp with a ~30MHz LPF) and LFTX (the same, TX direction), or
BasicRX/TX (just signal transformers, which means to fulfill sampling
requirements you'll need your own filters) for the low frequencies, and
another daughterboard for the higher ones. Notice that these
daughterboards are completely gainless. Also note that LF* and Basic*
don't contain tuners at all -- 3.5MHz simply fits into the "baseband"
bandwidth of any USRP.

Best regards,
Marcus