[Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display in uhd_fft

From: Daniel Marlow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Waterfall display in uhd_fft
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 18:14:01 -0500

Hello,

  We are running gnuradio v 3.7.8 on Ubuntu 15.08.  H/W is B210.    We are
looking at our self echo from EME (moon bounce).

  When running uhd_fft, we see clear EME echo signals on the FFT display (10-20
db above the noise).   However, we don't see these signals on the waterfall
display.  We do see the very large signals when we transmit.    Is there a way
to adjust the "vertical" range of the display so that the noise is mapped onto
something black or nearly so and signals 20 db above the noise appear as bright
colors?

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow