Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to send a complete file

From: Michael Berman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to send a complete file
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 16:18:01 -0800

Ekko,

Are you trying to test this out initially over the air? If so, you may consider just running this through a script to itself without going over the air.  This would remove all possibility for interference and environmental black magic.

As far as testing what I am talking about, start by simply adding bytes to the file you are trying to send.  White space, or a specific character, or whatever you want.  Run this through the system.  Once you add enough extra bytes, you will eventually see your entire wanted data.

This is not a good final solution however.  With this you will run into a problem sending multiple things back to back and you will have to deal with the packetizer input buffer on the TX side holding onto the extra added bytes and prepending them onto the next thing you want to transmit.

The better solution would be to do what Marcus suggested.  This would be adding something before the packet encoder step that will ensure the data moving through the system has enough bytes for the packet encoder to do what it needs to.  This is up to you as how and where to implement, but the bottom line you need to be aware of is the number of bytes that are required to generate a chunk of packets and that your data needs to be an exact multiple of this number.

Hope this is helpful,

Michael