Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simplex RX/TX on USRP with GRC (RX/TX port of a B

From: Martijn Moeling
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simplex RX/TX on USRP with GRC (RX/TX port of a B200mini)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 16:38:31 +0100

Thanks Mike,

Or pointing out SoDaRadio, I’m on a Mac, but as far as I can see it will
compile, I’ll give it a try….

GRC is not really that difficult, My main troubles are finding out the right
blocks to use and finding the proper documentation for the blocks.
Since I’m a professional Python programmer I use GRC to get aquatinted with the
inner workings of GNURadio as the generated Python code actually does what I
want to know.

Switching TX/RX is possible as Ettus confirmed that they pointed me to this
list on how to implement it in GRC. Somehow, the USRP Source and Sink must
start/stop sending/accepting the IQ stream
I have searched my guts out for an example in GRC but and I know it is possible
as I have seen some youtube video’s of people running a simplex RX with such a
“PTT” button.

Martijn