Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding correlating output and IQ samp

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding correlating output and IQ samples in a reciever
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 12:12:53 +0100

Hi Abhinav,

point of timing recovery like you do it is that there's no IQ samples that *exactly and reliably* correspond to the symbol timing; that's why you need timing recovery. The question here is: what do you actually need? The IQ samples before timing recovery aren't useful to the decoder.

Just to assure you: AGC2 doesn't modify the number of samples, it just multiplies with a factor that changes so that average power stays the same.

Best regards,
Marcus