Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing Existing Block

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing Existing Block
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:43:13 +0100

Hi Salija,

yes, of course that is possible! This is Free and Open Source Software[1], after all :)

I think you should read the guided tutorials [2] first; they give an introduction on how to implement a block of your own. Since GNU Radio's "in-tree" blocks are structured like the ones you learn to create in the tutorial, you'd know how to modify them.

Generally, contribution is always welcome. Often, small things like documentation is lacking, or there's a useful feature missing that you can implement without changing the block's old behaviour; these things are most easy to integrate back.

So, excuse the question, but: What is the block in question?

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio
[2] https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials