[Discuss-gnuradio] Fractional Resampler discards samples

From: Andrej Rode
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fractional Resampler discards samples
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 22:36:59 +0100

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to use the channel model block in between my transmitter and
receiver to test with AWGN Conditions. In the channel model block my tap is
one and epsilon also one. Now I recognised that the first three samples of my
stream are lost and the length tag is propagated to the now first but formerly
fourth tag.

I've noticed this 'problem' has its origin in the fractional resampler. The
fractional resampler (with a resampling rate of 1 and a phase offset) also
discards the first three samples and propagates the tag to the formerly fourth
tag. Also in the output are 8 samples less than in the input but thats due to
the 8-tap filter?

Is this intentional and the expected behaviour and did I miss something?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrej